Saturday 18 March 2017

Let's combine Washi Tape and Uniko!


Hello there it's Sarah P here and I've a DT inspired post for you this morning which I've combined with my Less is More Challenge post HERE

Our challenge for the week is to use Washi Tape on your Clean and Simple card so I decided to create my own tape using some Uniko stamps, having been inspired a few weeks ago when I spotted THIS card by Elaine. I googled 'how to make washi tape' and couldn't believe it could be so easy!

The possibilities, colours and designs are now endless!

Here's my card and the 'recipe' and details, if you want to give this a go, are below


One of my favourite geometric-style sets from Uniko is Background Builders circles. It's a great one to have for many different occasions and designs, especially for those guys!

Recipe for washi tape: Tissue Paper, Sheet of double sided tape eg. stick-it, stamps, inks

  • Step 1. Adhere the tissue paper to the double sided adhesive (peel and stick tape would work too)
  • Step 2. Stamp away, any type of ink, any colour, any stamps (I used Altenew inks then added some white heat embossed areas)
  • Step 3. Cut into strips of required width 
  • Step 4. Peel off the backing paper .... away you go

The sentiment I've used is from Simply Said Birthday and it's popped up on 3d foam on a pinked-edge circle die from Paper Smooches. 

If you'd like to have a go with washi tape and play along at the Less is More challenge this week then you have until 10pm GMT on Friday, 24th March 2017 and the link you need is HERE


Thanks for calling by the blog today and I hope you feel inspired.

Sarah P

7 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! Love this so much!! :o) I have this stamp set and LOOOOVE it!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking card & thanks for sharing the recipe for Washi tape.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card :) love the idea of making your own washi tape and i agree the uniko background builder stamps are simply stunning and a must have :)
    Cheers
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Sarah! Fabulous idea and totally inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful and creative idea, I tired it along time ago, but it is good to be reminded of these things! LOVE the colours, stamps and layout you have used :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea - and fab tie in with LIM this week! I have never tried this but it does sound easy and those stamps work perfectly as washi. Thanks for the inspiration, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your own washitape; wow: it looks great! Didin't thought that it was your own design untill I read this! Great!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated