Sunday 19 March 2017

DT inspiration: One Layer, Masculine cards

Hi! It's Lindsey here with a little bit of DT inspiration for you.
I have a double whammy post with 2 similar card designs for you today and they are both:

ONE LAYER!



and





MASCULINE!


I get the impression that a lot of people seem to dislike both these sorts of cards.
However, they are one of my favourite cards to make!


I always keep masculine cards very CAS with bold colours.

The wonderfully, big and bold Happy Birthday sentiment is one of my favourites for masculine cards with its crisp simple font.
Here I've coupled it with the geometric stamp sets "Background Builders: Triangles and Circles".






When making One Layer Cards, I do spend (quite a lot!) of time deciding on the composition and it usually involves trios.

The brain (apparently according to research) looks and tries to pair things together; it is then visually satisfied and stops looking. So if you use a triangular shape, the eyes are continually moving around the card creating more visual appeal.






Even though I feel the "less is more" adage definitely holds true for masculine cards, one layer cards can seem a little 'flat' so I always add embellishments. Again, I usually go for a trio to guide the eye around the card.

I also, more often than not, add an embossed line around the edge of my one layer cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

Uniko Stamp Sets used:

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards :) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Lindsey, great combo of Uniko stamps and thank you for all the useful tips. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated