Monday 13 March 2017

DT Inspiration - Masking A Stamp

Hello all! It's Jane here today with a card to share that uses the masking technique.


I started my card by using a favourite watercolour technique to create a background panel. More about how that was achieved on my blog - here.

This is how I achieved the stamping:

1. I stamped the tea cup, flower and sentiment using my misti to get good deep colours.



2. I stamped the teacup onto a sticky note and cut it out. I then placed this over my first stamping to mask it all out.

3. I stamped the tea cup and flower using a different colour combo of the inks.


4. I repeated this masking and stamping stage once more using the last colour combo of the inks.


5. I removed the sticky note masks and hey presto my card was done!


I hope you've enjoyed my little photo tutorial and yes I know most of you are old hands at this technique, but just maybe someone new might be looking today. And perhaps if you've not used this technique for a while you'll be inspired to give it another go now I've reminded you about it.

Huge thanks for looking.  And keep crafting!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love how you created the BG for the tea cups and wonderful masking and stacking of the cups. Always great to have a reminder of these older techniques. I often forget about them. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated