Tuesday 21 March 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #215

Hey!

It's time for a new challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches and this month Patricia is our hostess and this week has another wonderful colour combination to inspire us all.




A fun combo don't you think? I'm not a huge fan of Rich Razzleberry so it daunted me a little, but this is what I came up with...




I was inspired by the new challenge over at AAA Cards HERE, which is to use die cuts and I was especially inspired by CC&S teamie and AAA Cards member Jane with THIS card created for the challenge.




Hopefully you can tell I was inspired by the die cut frame idea?! So, I used my Stampin' Up! Stitched Framelit dies to create the square frame and then dusted off Uniko Flower Power #7 to stamp the stem and flower. 




After assembling my card I decided the flower needed a little more interest and stamped it again and fussy cut it out. I adhered it using foam adhesive like the frame and added an enamel dot to finish it off. The sentiment is from Simply Said.

Anyway, thats all from me, but be sure to check out all the Design Team inspiration HERE on the CAS Colours & Sketches blog and I hope to see you in the gallery :) Challenge End Time: 6:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. time/11:00 p.m. London U.K. time Monday, March 28th, 2017

Hugs
Supplies:
Uniko Clear Stamps Flower Power #7 and Simply Said
Ink: Stampin' Up! Old Olive and Pacific Point. VersaFine Onyx Black
Card: Stampin' Up! Thick Whisper White and Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Stitched Framelit Dies, Enamel Dots and Foam Adhesive.

8 comments:

  1. A charming little flower, nestled in a sweet, perfect-size frame! You've done well with those colours...so pretty!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bold, yet elegant and super CAS design Bev. Love your framed bloom and a great way to showcase your dies for our AAA Cards challenge. Thanks for playing along x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frame around that cute flower. Well done on the fussy cutting, it was well worth it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, can't believe I inspired you! Really pretty and I love the razzleberry frame, seems to make the flower look even more delicate in contrast to it. Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggled with this one and all I kept thinking was "I bet Bev will nail it" - and you did! Such a simple use of the colors, but perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of this week's colors. The Rich Razzleberry frame and hint of blue and the olive leaves create a gorgeous CAS card! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet way to use the challenge colors! The flower fits perfectly in the frame. I really like how you've added dimension and offset the blossom that you fussy cut. All-around terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated