Thursday 20 October 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #196 & Design Team Call

Hey!

This month over at CAS Colours & Sketches Liz is our hostess and Liz has come up with some fabulous challenges to inspire us. This week is colour week and we have this lovely colour combo HERE and seen below for you to try...





This colour combo screams Christmas to me! Maybe because I have been getting my festive on these past few weeks?! Anyway, this is what I came up with...




I've been having fun with the recent release of Uniko clear stamps and especially Winter Foliage this week! Copper seems to be the new trend this holiday season, however I don't have many paper crafting items that are copper, only some 'very' old Personal Impressions Kettle Copper Embossing Powder! 

After deciding on the stamps I wanted to use I needed a layout, the current challenge over at Global Design Project HERE and seen below is a sketch challenge.





I love the clean lines of this sketch and so I chose a simple clean lined sentiment from Simply Said Christmas, which I embossed with the Kettle Copper EP. I don't have Cherry Cobbler ink or card, so substituted it for Real Red. 





Another super CAS Christmas card, which is also easily mass produceable for those last minute cards required ;)

Before I go, CAS Colours & Sketches are looking for some new members to add to the Design Team in 2017! 

We (CAS Colours & Sketches) are dedicated to creating cards in the Clean and Simple style, alternating between colour challenges and sketch challenges.  If you would like to be considered for a position on our team, you will need to participate in this week's colour challenge and next week's sketch challenge so that we can see your work in both types of challenges.  Please add the letters "DT" after your name when you link your cards for the two challenges, and make sure that your cards follow our Challenge Rules.  Applicants will be contacted during the month of November, and our new members will start on the team in December.

Ok, that's all from me for now, I hope I have inspired you to give these colours a go and join in on the challenge this week. Be sure to stop on over HERE and check out what the rest of the CAS Colours & Sketches DT have done using the colours and I hope to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Ink: SU! Garden Green & Real Red. VersaMark 
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White & Real Red
Accessories: Foam Adhesive, Personal Impressions Kettle Copper EP.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the smaller red mat (I'll have to keep that sketch for future use).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems we had similar ideas about these colours Bev. Love that sketch that you used.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated