Monday 26 October 2015

Geometric CAS Style!

Hey & Happy Monday!

I do hope your week has got off to a good start :) There is a chill in the air here in the NE of the UK but the sun is out, so that helps. 

The beans are super tired today, I think they are still adjusting to the change in the clocks with them going back an hour at the weekend. Which means I had a little extra creative time in the studio today - YAY! 

Today I have shared a card HERE using this weeks Stamp Of The Week which has some geometric elements and really wanted to create a card using the current CAS(E) this Sketch! layout seen HERE and below with some more geometric elements suitable for the current Uniko Challenge HERE.




This is what I came up with...




I started out by die cutting the Mama Elephant 'hello' from the white CS at an angle. I then used temporary adhesive to adhere it to my work space with the 'hello' straight. This made it easier for me to stamped the lines with squares straight, following the sketch. 




After adhering it to my SU! Smokey Slate card base using foam adhesive I added a few square rhinestones to finish the card off. I loved the current ColourQ challenge colours seen HERE and below, so decided to use them again for my card.




I think that cue words such as geometrics can be daunting, but when you use them as accents to a focal image & think outside of the box they are really quite fun! I have used them to accent the 'hello' die cut with the simple stamping and with the rhinestones. An super CAS card in under 10 minutes! 

Ok, that's all from me today, mummy duties are required! I'll be back again this week with more to share, until then, thank you for stopping by today & hope to see you joining in on the Uniko Challenge :)


16 comments:

  1. A wowzer of a 10 min card Bev! really effective...clever you. Love the offset geometrics.....how you think of these ideas so quickly is well beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Wish I could do that in 10 minutes!!! Love the colours and the bling.

    Hopefully the beans will get used to the change in time soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beverley, just a great card !!!!!!
    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool, Bev ... and gorgeous ... the scripty sentiment with those geometric lines is fabulous ... and all in 10 minutes ... awesome! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so fun and pretty, especially with those square gems! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Bev! Great use of the CQC colors...thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card; love the coordinating square stones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely CAS card, Beverley! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowe what a great card! Love how you used the challenge-colours so subtile and the way you used the sketch is perfect! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS, and the geometric stamp is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Beverley!
    Thanks for joining us at CASe this sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cool! I love the addition of the square bling too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the sketch and the negative space of the sentiment! So glad you joined us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the geometric look and the terrific square gems! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Olá , só gostaria de informar que tem
    um pequeno problema de navegar seu blog usando celular .
    Não sei se isso é só no meu aparelho, fica a dica
    . Obrigado

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated