Wednesday 1 July 2015

Negatives, Positives & Balloons!

Hey!

What a scorcher here in the NE of the UK! Summer has finally arrived :) I am not a sun worshipper as I burn easily, but I do love it when the sun is out. Then a good thunderstorm to go with it is just as good. 

The beans & I took a lovely sunny walk this morning into our local market town - Yarm. Then this afternoon after the thunderstorm had cooled things down for a while at least, the new paddling pool was christened...




The beans LOVE bath time and even cry when it is time to get out so they thought it was fabulous when they were stripped naked and plopped into the pool! 

Anyway, now they are fast asleep in bed I have snuck off to the studio office for a little creative time :) I had this idea in my head for another card for CAS Colours & Sketches before the challenge closes tonight...




My idea took a little creative turn and instead of using the positive die cut which I had planned on I decided to use the negative instead. HERE and below is the sketch as a reminder...




I placed the string bow of the balloon where the ribbon bow is on the sketch and stamped the word happy to complete the line of the sketch. I also used the current colours over at The Card Concept HERE and below for my card.




Balloon Bash was the top seller on the website last month and it was the perfect set to use for my card along with a partial sentiment from A Gift For You.




Now I have caught up and got my creative fix I am going to go flop with hubby in front of the TV and watch an episode or two! Thanks for stopping by today & I will be back tomorrow with more to share :)


12 comments:

  1. Great card! I love using the negative from dies - this is a great take on the sketch. Love it!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, I seem to forget to use the negatives! Hugs Bev x

      Delete
  2. Lovely card Bev..clever to use the negative. As for the beans...two beautiful little boys...growing quickly. I wouldn't say no to being plopped in a pool today...but forget the naked bit...not a pretty sight!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole & you made me chuckle! I could quite happily go sit in the paddling pool right now, there is no breeze at all tonight, though I wouldn't be naked like the beans either! Hugs Bev x

      Delete
  3. What a lovely card Beverly...
    Best regards from Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever of you to use the negative; unexpected and effective. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable...love the pics of your little guys. So fun! And your card is a CAS beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to use the negative.
    Well we are the opposite here at the moment - I just got home and it is 8 outside. Would love a little warm sunshine :) I prefer it to the cold. The boys look like they are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards - excellent CAS example! Gosh hasn't time flown looking at the size of your boys?! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great effect to use the negative space; it is a beauty! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, Bev ... crisp, fresh and sunny ... love the use of the negative space! Adorable photo ... your little beans are growing so fast! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photo of your two little boys Bev. They look as though they are having a great time! Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated