Wednesday 18 March 2015

A Farewell & A Warm Welcome!

Hey!

Sorry I have been MIA for SO long, things have been a little crazy round here at the new Uniko Studio HQ, but things are calming down so 'normal' activity should resume! 

Anyway, there have been a few changes at Uniko Studio and unfortunately we are saying farewell to another member of the Design Team. Erika has had to step down from the team due to health and we are sorry to say farewell and I THANK YOU Erika for all your hard work and promotion of Uniko Studio. Don't be a stranger & hope that with lots of rest we will soon see you around blogland again soon. 

With farewells come WARM WELCOMES! 

I am delighted to be introducing you to the newest member of the Design Team today, who of which will not be a stranger to the majority of Uniko followers. So without further ado I would like you all to give Sarah G a warm welcome :)

Now, I'll hand you over to Sarah...

Hi, my name is Sarah from Funky Fossil Designs and I am so excited to be joining the fantastic DT at Uniko! 



I have been a big fan of Bev and her designs for some time and have lots of great Uniko products to show for it so the opportunity to come and join in the fun here was too good to miss :)  I have been stamping and cardmaking for a number of years now but the products just keep getting better and there is always something that I 'need' - I think that makes me a stampaholic!  Hopefully I am amongst good company.

I live in the UK with my two sweet boys and very understanding husband.  I work full time and spend most evenings getting inky.  I am also on the design teams at Time Out Challenges and at Make the Day Special Stamp Store.  When I am not creating for a design team I am playing along with many of the fab challenges which keep me trying new things.  I have only been blogging for a year and have made lots of wonderful friends and I look forward to making even more as part of the Uniko team.  I would say that my style is relatively CAS but tell me what you think from the cards that I have made to say hello!




I thought the loopy hello from All Occasions Sentiments #1 looked like a string so added it to a balloon from the recently released Balloon Bash.




I went for a comic book look using the stamps from Explosion! which I embossed in colour and masked before using a dotty stencil.




Finally a spring shaker card using the beautiful Gerbera set - I white embossed, watercoloured and cut out the flower and attached it to a shaker.  The background paper was 'smooshed' with the distress inks that I used for the watercolouring.  The sentiment is from Flower Power #6.

I hope you like my Uniko designs.  I have an extra card over on my blog and would love it if you stopped by for a visit :)

Sarah x

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team Sarah! So happy to have you on board :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Erika has had to step down: sending prayers and well-wishes her way. Sarah, welcome to the team! You work magic with Uniko products; looking forward to seeing more of your inspiration!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three great cards! Love the comic one! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Sarah, great to have you join us and I think looking at these cards everyone can see why you are on the DT-adore the way you use the sentiments with the balloon set x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah will make a wonderful team member, her designs (and personality) are magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to see Sarah as the newest DT member! Her designs are always beautiful and inspiring, and I know that she will be a true asset to the team! WTG, Sarah!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated