Sunday 6 April 2014

Brighter Days

Hey & Happy Sunday!

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend? I've spent the majority of it relaxing, though we did take a leisurely walk out yesterday morning and today I am spending a couple of hours in the studio before dinner to tidy a little and also have a little 'play' with my supplies! 

I was looking through Pinterest and I'm back with another pinspired creation...




This is the pin which I was inspired by...



Original Source: I Like to Decorate


As you can see I was inspired by the bright coloured flowers, it's a bit of a dull Spring day here in the North East so this made me happy! 




I started out by stamping the stem from Flower Power #1 repeatedly on the white card panel. I then stamped each of the flower power blooms onto a separate piece of white card using the Rock 'n' Roll inking technique, fussy cut each of them out & adhered them using foam adhesive. 

The sentiment is from BRIGHT Butterflies and is stamped onto a vellum strip and the whole thing is mounted onto a Melon Mambo card base. 

Ok, that's all from me today, I had better do a little bit more tidying as I think next week might get a little busy around here with the April Release on Friday - YAY! Until tomorrow, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Card Stock: SU! Melon Mambo, White (Boyes)
Ink: SU! Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise & Orchid Opulence. PTI Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz & Hawaiian Shores. VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Flower Power #1, #2 and #3 and BRIGHT Butterflies
Accessories: Foam Adhesive. SU! Vellum

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely Bev, so bright and colourful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card inspired by a pretty cushion - delightful! Looking forward to seeing what you've designed for April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, Bev - such a cheery, pretty, uplifting card - beautiful translation of your inspiration pillow. Gorgeous! April release - sooooo excited!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking and beautiful card. Love your style and colouring and can't wait to see what's in store for Friday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I love the shading to your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty!!! And an absolutely beautiful take on the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh beautiful take on the inspiration pillow Bev. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and beautiful! I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty card. Love the bright and cheery colours and the layout, great interpretation of the cushion, just love it x Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very bright and cheerful - gorgeous flowers for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see that you're inspired by more than just cards! The flowers you made are beautiful and the vellum works so perfect! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated