Wednesday 5 March 2014

[Design Team Inspiration] A Wow Card

Hello there, it's Ren-Yi here, hijacking the blog to show you something fun and easy. 

I'm putting the new Uniko Studio set "Explosion!" to good use. Don't you love how the title of this stamp set as an exclamation mark on it? I love it.


Well here is the CAS version of happy bright colors...

Wow
I wanted to show the explosion off as the center of the card. So I used Versamark to stamp off the Explosion silhouette on the Aqua card stock again and tried to cut out the best I could with the Xacto. It's not as clean as I would like it, but you know what that means. I will be bugging Bev to make a die for this and she won't hear the end of it. 

Explosions! makes me think of Batman from the 1960s and how the screen would flash up with "POW" and "BAM." And somehow I wanted it to be whimsical and loud, so I decided to have some neon shades (I swore I would never buy neon inks and refuse to get on that bandwagon, but the one time I could use them... Darn!) So Mister Huey Neon mists and the most pigmented pink ink had to suffice - there you have it.

Wow

Anyways, there is plenty of time to enter our Uniko Studio challenge. Maybe this fun card will get you going?

3 comments:

  1. Love this. Great use of the stamp. Can't wait to get mine inked up and have a play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and the layout! I do like this set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait for my WOW stamp to arrive! Your card here is wonderful inspiration, Ren-yi! And yes, do pester Bev about adding a die; it would be a wonderful addition to her amazing selection of products for sure!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated