Wednesday 17 April 2013

Fusing Chevrons & Circles

Whoohoo for Wednesday!

Are we all having a good week? It's been a good week so far here in the studio, things ticking along nicely. The sunshine has made an appearance along with some very strong winds but today the Spring rain is upon us, a good reason to stay in doors and craft! 

Anyway, I've been getting a little scientific and decided to join in on the Fusion fun! Fusion is a NEW challenge blog and there are 3 ways you can join in on the challenge, use the sketch only, use the inspiration photo only or combine the sketch & inspiration. 

I decided to have a bash at fusing both the sketch and the inspiration photo. It was a bit of a challenge, but I'm super pleased with how my card turned out. You can check out the challenge HERE and the sketch & inspiration below my card...




I started out with a strip of white CS 5 cm x 14 cm and began stamping the chevron pattern first using the solid mini chevron stamp from Wonderful Washi Christmas. I had a little practice stamping it on some scrap first, so that I knew I could line it up & it would make a complete chevron line! I alternated  the lime chevrons with some circles from Background Builders: Round In Circles.

A cluster of punched stars, one stamped with the grunge circles also from Background Builders: Round In Circles and a sentiment from FONTiments - Birthday stamped vertically completed the layout nicely! 

Here's the challenge...




I really enjoyed creating a complete chevron line out of a single mini chevron, so you might just see that appear on another project or two! I'm loving the colour combination of lime & black too, can you tell?! 




That's all I have to share today, so it's back to designing for me today, some super stamp sets in the works! Oh, and a bit of swimming too as operation fit into wedding dress is well under way! 

Until tomorrow, thank you for stopping by this little part of blogland, I hope you all have a lovely day!

Supplies
Card Stock: WPlus9 White, PTI Soft Stone & Smokey Shadow & SU! Lucky Limeade
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade, PTI Smokey Shadow & VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories: SU! Star Punch, Foam Adhesive

14 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous!! I haven't had a chance to play along with this challenge yet, but I am certainly going to try. I love the chevrons and the circles and those stars finish it off perfectly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this design really pops! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on this challenge! Your card rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! I love how you were inspired! Thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this Beverley! That stamped star really brings it all together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this colour combo too. Great card. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layered stars and your fun patterns! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and I love how you stamped your star tying all the colors together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS BEVERLEY!!!! What an awesome take on the fusion challenge! Those stars are an awesome finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beverley, this is amazing. Love the cluster of stars. So glad you joined us this week at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on both sketch and color...couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I SO, SO, SO LOVE this Bev - FAB stamping & layering, a PERFECT fusion!
    So glad you joined in the fun at FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Beverly, on the well-deserved HM honor from Fusion for your fustastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous Beverley and congratuations on your HM from Fusion

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated