Tuesday 24 April 2012

Feeling Fancy!

Hey!

I'm back today with some 'Fancy' cards to share! Continuing with my daily focus on a NEW Uniko Studio product, today I have focused on Fontiment Fancies - Swirls & Flourishes. As the name of the set goes it pairs well with Fontiments - Birthday, so it only seemed right that I used those too! 

The stamps in this set are great for creating fancy frames for sentiments! As you can see in the card below.




There is a lot of white space on this CAS card, but using bright colours to stamp the flourishes with a bold black sentiment really draws your focus to this part of the card. 

This next card also has quite a bit of white space, but I decided to mat the stamped piece onto a coloured card base for that added colour splash! 




For this card I used one of the larger flourishes & one of the medium swirls. Another sentiment mix from Fontiments - Birthday. I should have finished the inside of the card & when I do I will stamp the sentiment 'it's your birthday'. 

For this last card I used the large bracket stamp. First of all I cut a panel the same size as my card front & marked the centre before I stamped the bracket 3 times. I then cut the panel following the contours of the bracket. 




I then stamped the cluster of swirls & flourishes and another sentiment combination from Fontiments - Birthday. Now, that I am looking at this card as I type it has sparked another card LO using the same stamps! 

As you can see there was a bit of a colour theme going on! I came across The Play Date Cafe's current challenge HERE. Such a bright & cheery colour combination I decided to play along! 




That's all I have to share for today, but I'll be back tomorrow with another product focus and cards to share! Thanks for stopping by today!

Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. Dang! Why didn't I get the flourish set? Such an elegant card the first one, Bev! Also love how you did the sides of the last card. Love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Gayatri :) You can order them next time!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic ideas, Beverley! I received my FONTiments this morning and I want to say thank you for designing such wonderful stamps. They really are top quality and I can't wait to get stamping! I will definitely be ordering more!!! I love what you've done with the flourishes but I love the lattice stamps too! What to do ... what to do??? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon! WOW! They arrive quick, which I'm glad they did! I'm glad you like my designs, you can leave reviews of the stamps on the website and Tweet & FB your faces! It's definitely hard to choose a fave stamp set thou!

      Delete
  3. Simple gorgeous!!!! Love the CAS look! Great fonts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards love them all. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely perfect and utterly gorgeous, Beverly! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning...... and perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated