Sunday 22 April 2012

The day after ...

WOW!

What an exciting day yesterday was! Thank you for all that visited, commented & purchased! I appreciate all the support for Uniko Studio :) 

Anyway, it's the day after release and for the next six days I am going to focus on one product a day and share some information about the product and projects using the product!

Today, I am sharing a couple of cards I have made using Decorative Doilies - The Hands of Time Digital Downloadable patterned papers.

Now, the paper cover only shows 6 of the 12 patterns available in the pack so I thought I'd share a swatch sheet of all 12.




For £2.75 your getting 12 patterned papers that match Stampin' Up! Colours AND also coordinate with the stamp set Decorative Doilies - The Hands of Time! The Stampin' Up! Colours are Rose Red, So Safron, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Pool Party & Calypso Coral. 

How about a couple of cards ...




The patterned paper I have used on this card is one of my favourites! I love the floral element mixed with the circles. This card was super simple to make. I started off by printing the patterned paper at the original A4 size onto a sheet of white paper. I use a slightly thicker paper for printing digital papers that is 160 gsm and is available from Staples. Sometimes I print onto CS but it really depends on what I plan to make with it! 

Once I had trimmed the digital paper panel to size I used my glue pen to add some Prisma Glitter to areas of the paper, below is a close up...




I also added a tiny rhinestone to the middle for some extra sparkle! I stamped the sentiment using Fontiments - Birthday, punched the frame out once stamped to make sure it was centred and added some more tiny rhinestones. Looking at the card now I wished I had off centred the sentiment frame but overall I am pleased with the outcome!




For the card above I used the 2 papers either side of the one I used above shown in the swatch picture. This time I cut out the white flower on the Rose Red paper and 2 of the flowers from the other paper. I glittered the petals of the top 2 flowers and layered all 3 together before adhering to the card base with some foam pads.




I decided to leave this card sentiment free so that it can be used for any occasion. I might just make a few more to make a set, switching the different coloured flowers around and colours used for the card bases.

Later in the week I will share some more ideas using the digital papers and perhaps a little tutorial! Thats all I have to share with you today, but I will be back tomorrow to share some more projects using another of the NEW products released. You'll have to pop by to see which one it is that I chose to work with! 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs

2 comments:

  1. Just love these! Love the fact that they are digital too - saves me having to keep a piece just to look at! Lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Bev! Love your digital papers.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated