Monday 23 April 2012

A bit of Rock & Roll ...

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, I'm back today with a few cards to brighten your day & which focus on another product that was released this weekend over on the Uniko Studio website HERE.

Today, I decided to focus on Decorative Doilies - The Hands of Time. The solid doilies in this set lend themselves beautifully for the technique 'Rock & Roll'.

Here is my first card ...




This colour combination of yellow, white & grey is still a favourite of mine. For the doilies on the bottom edge of the top mat layer I first masked off the top section with some post-it notes I then inked the stamp with SU! Summer Sun & then rolled the edges in SU! Pumpkin Pie. Repeating the process until the section was covered. 

I then used a Sizzix Circle Frameabilities die to die cut the circle before stamping the doily inside the die cut circle. The sentiment is from Extra Time and I part stamped the sentiment. A bit of satin ribbon (PTI Summer Sunrise) and a few rhinestones on the single doily & I was done!

I enjoyed the 'Rock & Roll' technique in these colours I had to make this following card ...




This time I used the slightly larger solid doily & kept it slightly off the matted square. The sentiment is from Fontiments - Birthday and I first inked it with the SU! Summer Sun ink then inked the top & bottom edges slightly with SU! Pumpkin Pie. This card has such a lovely Summer feeling to it! 

After these two cards I wasn't quiet done & had a few more ideas floating round my head so I have a couple more cards to share!




For this card I cut the panels and then laid them on my stamping area & stamped the doily in black Memento ink as I knew I wanted to colour them in with my Copic markers. It was a slow process to colour the doilies in as the stamp is fairly small but I love how it turned out!  I stamped the sentiments from Fontiments - Birthday, tied some white cord & added a matching coloured rhinestone to each doily to finish the card off. The panels are adhered to the card using foam adhesive.




For this last card I used the same doily as in the first card I showed today. I stamped and created a mask using some Eclipse masking paper. It was definitely a fussy slow cutout but I am really pleased with how it worked. I started off by stamping the pink doily & masking it before I stamped the blue & yellow doilies. I repeated the process in the lower left corner but decided to leave the pink off. 

Again, the sentiment is from Fontiments - Birthday. I kept the sentiment panel fairly simple & used the Ek Success punch in the same way as I did for the card HERE.

Well, thats all I have to share for you today and I hope it has given you a few ideas as to how this set can be used! I'll be back tomorrow focusing on another product released this month! 

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments Appreciated